"Orrin and I have chosen to make a significant planned giving commitment to The Bishop's School through the Caroline Cummins Circle. We believe in Bishop's and its unparalleled standard of excellence. Excellence that has always been there for us and we know will be there for future generations of Bishop's students and alumni through the generosity of donors to the planned giving program."
Karen Milburn Gabsch '61
It is with great pleasure that we welcome Orrin and Karen Milburn Gabsch '61 as the School's newest members of the Caroline Cummins Circle. Karen and Orrin appreciate the importance of relationships with people and places that have enriched their lives, and they have a long and positive history with The Bishop's School. This sense of connection inspired their recent decision to benefit the School with a planned gift.
A planned gift is one of the most profound ways that you can support The Bishop's School and its commitment to education. It is the ultimate compliment for a 'job well done.' Planned gifts support and build the School's endowments, one of Bishop's most important financial priorities to ensure future resources for students, dedicated teachers, mission and tradition.
In addition to the satisfaction of contributing to the education of hundreds of students, the benefits and tax advantages of planned gifts are substantial:
- A Planned Gift may reduce your out-of-pocket expenses compared to an outright gift and help you make a larger gift than you thought possible.
- A Planned Gift frequently provides significant federal and state income tax deductions.
- A Planned Gift can serve as a diversification strategy for non-productive assets.
- A Planned Gift can be used to increase cash flow and reduce or eliminate capital gain, income and estate taxes.
- A Planned Gift can be a powerful tool to assist in the transfer of intergenerational wealth.
- A Planned Gift allows you to create a personal legacy and provide focused support for programs and causes you are passionate about.
Planned gifts offer limitless possibilities to create brighter futures. For more information on planned giving, please visit www.bishopslegacy.com
or contact John A. Trifiletti, Chief Advancement Officer, at (858) 875-0851.